Card games are interesting, because of their variety and gambling element. Classic poker transformed into a three-card version during its development. Teen Patti, also known as Three Card Poker, is the most beloved entertainment among casino players. This game, which originated in India, has quickly gained popularity all over the world.
It is easy to play, and the rules are as simple as possible. Even a beginner will understand what to do next in the game. Plus, those who have played poker before will get the hang of it even faster. It is a simplified version, which is the reason for its popularity.
This game of chance uses a deck of 52 cards. Jokers are not involved in the game. Here, the player and the dealer each get three cards, and the goal is to get a stronger card than your dealer. If you have a higher card combination, you win. If you know how to play poker, you won’t have any difficulty as the game of Teen Patti is very similar to poker, which is also known as Flash, Mini Flush, or Indian Flush.
Best online casinos
The main rules: how to play Teen Patti
Before playing this popular variant of poker, it is best to understand its terminology and rules. Two to ten casino players can participate in this game. One of the players playing the game becomes the dealer, who takes a deck of cards to start the game. It is important to identify the dealer before the game begins and after the ante is placed. Playing online, you can also play with a live dealer.
The Teen Patti rules are simple and like poker. Here are some of the basics that all novice players should know:
- The minimum number of players in Teen Patti is two;
- Each player has three cards. But the faces of the cards must be placed down;
- Players can either play blind or open-ended. In the former, they can look at the cards before they bet. In the second option, however, players bet without looking at their cards;
- In Teen Patti, the player next to the dealer starts the round. The game starts clockwise;
- During the game, if there is a player in front of you who hasn’t turned their cards over, bet an amount that is twice the amount or equal to that player’s bet. However, if your neighbour has already looked at their cards, you can halve your bet.
Players can also play counterclockwise and end their turn when they feel the deal is in their favour.
Now look at Teen Patti’s various betting options:
- Ante: to get into the game, you’ll need to start with an initial bet, which is called “Ante”. Before the timer expires, choose from all available chips, and place your bet. After selecting your chip price, click on the “Bet” option. Once you have joined the game after “Ante”, regular bets begin;
- Mini-royal/royal: ace, queen and king of one suit in a hand;
- Flush/Color: 3 cards of the same suit. However, if two players “discard” cards of the same suit, the one with the higher-ranked card wins the Teen Patti cash. If the cards are identical, the second-highest card is compared; if necessary, the third card is also compared. But if the players have the same card value, the suit is marked for ranking. Spades rank high and clubs rank lowest;
- Straight Flush/Pure Sequence/Packed Round: the same suit is three cards in a row;
- Straight/Round/Sequence/Run: three consecutive cards of mixed suits, e.g., ace, 2, 3 of different suits;
- Pair/Double: two cards of the same suit, for example, two aces. Of the two pairs, the one whose value is higher wins. But in the case of an equal value, the winner is determined by the value of the third card;
- Three to One/Trio/Set/Set: three cards of the same value. Here, three aces have a higher ranking, and three twos have a lower ranking;
- High card/no pair: three cards out of order. No two cards are of the same value and suit. Here, if two players share a common higher-ranked card, the next higher-ranked card is declared the winner. Of the various suits, the highest cards are ace, king and queen, and the lowest cards are 5-3-2.
The winner is the player who has the best cards in their hand, that is, if you want to win, you must have the best cards with the most chips. Now you will be thinking about how to choose the best card. It all depends on the card rating, which you should consider and remember.
Teen Patti Vocabulary
If you haven’t played poker before, you should read the glossary. For those who are familiar with regular poker, all these definitions will be self-explanatory:
- Trick: the amount you pay after looking at your card. Call (matching the highest bid) and Raise (increasing the previous high bid) are the two defining components;
- Blind: you may play with or without looking at your cards. If you play without looking, this is called playing blind;
- Side Show: this is a game of two gamblers looking at their cards. The gamer who plays first can ask the other player for a side pot. But this is only possible if the second player accepts the first player’s request to play. In addition, if the second player rejects the request, the first player must pay an equal amount of bet to their previous player. However, if the request to view is accepted, the receiving player must discard their cards, and the player making the request has stronger cards;
- Showdown: this is when the Teen Patti gold game reaches a climax. The winner is determined after both players show their cards;
- Ante: before the cards are dealt, each player must pay an equal amount of money or chips. This is mandatory;
- Call: if a player misses an ante or is temporarily absent, they must “call” to get back into the game. To prove fair play, the player only pays for one missed ante;
- Seen: when a player bets, they are called a seen player after viewing their card. To stay in the game, the sighted player must bet twice as much as the blind player did;
- Pot: this is the combo ante in the centre of the table;
- Fold: when a player does not have a very good hand and wants to skip this round, they can end their game;
- Tight and Loose Play: a player’s willingness to bet after the first round. In a tight game, weak hands end the game, and a loose game means placing bets on weak hands.
There are not too many rules in this game, so memorising them will not be difficult. The better you understand the different stages, the better your chances of winning the game.
Strategies and tips: how to hack Teen Patti chips
Now you know the rules and betting options of Teen Patti, now check out the tips and strategies that will increase your chances of winning:
- Place small bets: always start with small bets when you start a game. You need to play as carefully as possible because you will be playing multiple hands. So, give yourself a better chance of winning by discarding your losing cards and expecting good cards. The goal is to get a large amount out of the pot. But if you bet big at the beginning, players who have a weak card will end their game early;
- Play with free chips: whether you’re a beginner or a veteran, Teen Patti offers its players free chips. They’re good for practice and preparation for the real game. Practice as much as you can to increase your chances of winning. Not only beginners need to practice, but experienced players need to practice as well;
- Be on your guard: when playing Teen Patti, you need to always be on your guard. Don’t make the mistake of underestimating your opponents. Pay attention to their expressions and movements. The more successfully you can read your opponents, the better your chances of winning. It is also important to be neutral in your expressions;
- Bluff Strongly: 3 Patti loves a bluff, and the more confident you are in bluffing, the faster you can beat your opponents.
Don’t be afraid to lose: losing a few rounds is very common. So, don’t be afraid to lose, but try to win more often than you lose;
- Play for real money after you fully understand the rules and strategies: if you study everything carefully and play your hands well, 3 Patti is a game that can give you a chance to win a huge amount. But you can also lose a huge amount if you don’t know the game well. Therefore, unless you know the game thoroughly and have good practice, it is advisable not to play for real money;
- Blind Play: although playing blind is risky, players finish the game early. Sometimes playing blind can work in your favour, especially when you make small bets;
- Use sideshow: ask the previous player to show you their cards. Compare your strengths to determine the strongest player. This option gives you the choice to quit the game if your chances of winning are low;
- Set Your Limits: before you start the game, set your limits, so you feel comfortable playing. Determine the amount you can afford to lose without undue pressure. The most reputable online casinos require you to set limits to avoid large losses and keep the gaming experience fun;
- Gather in time and wisely: it is important to know how to play the Teen Patti game with confidence, but not to overdo it. There is a fine line between arrogance and confidence in your abilities. Understand this to avoid pitfalls. Although you are playing to win, remember to protect your money from losing. This makes it necessary to pack the game at the right time. The moment you notice that your chances of winning seem low, it’s time to pull yourself together and wait for the next round.
Keep trying. It’s good to set limits, but don’t give up if you miss a few rounds. Getting a weak card is frustrating. But keep trying. Change tables, play it safe, and play with free chips and bonus points until you get good cards.
How to Play 3 Card Poker for Money
Here are some practical tips to teach you how to play Teen Patti and win:
- Choose online slots models with the maximum theoretical return;
- Remember that the RTP is affected by the payout odds of the bets;
- The player should make decisions based on the merit of the cards received;
- Always check the return rates on bonus bets.
To play Teen Patti correctly, you can use thematic articles about poker.
The Last Word
Teen Patti is a very interesting game. The key to winning is practice and a thorough understanding of the game. By the end of the tutorial, you will understand the game, its rules and strategies for making the right moves. Now is the time to practice.
When playing Teen Patti for real cash, where everyone tries to be smart, it is important to know when to bet and when to fold. A lot of poker betting strategies can be used to cheat other players. It only gets better with practice and learning how to play and improve your game. You can find them in poker books or online poker betting sites. It’s just a card analysis, and other players do the same thing. In the end, it is only through practice and experience that you can improve your probability of winning at poker, no amount of theory will help you do that.
If you are a person who loves betting on poker and is fascinated by the excitement of betting, you will love Teen Patti. Poker betting is currently attracting a lot of people, more and more people are getting into such online gambling compared to other traditional gambling. Poker betting is now a worldwide phenomenon and most countries have passed laws legalizing it.